CSRA Camperland Augusta Blog
- 0 0Published on Jan 25, 2016
There are many reasons that people go camping. Some enjoy being outdoors, some enjoy the opportunity to escape the “real world”, and some people like exploring new destinations. Whether you make it a full time lifestyle or just the occasional weekend getaway, here are some top reasons WHY you should go camping in 2016.
1. In today’s society, we are so “connected” to technology through smart phones, tablets, computers, video games, etc that sometimes we forget about the beauty and simplicity of the world around us. Camping is a great way to “disconnect” from the technical world and reconnect with nature. The best part about camping “off the grid” is that you don’t have to worry about being bothered with work problems or the chaos of every day life because no one can get a hold of you! You’ll find yourself relaxing and listening to the sounds of the wildlife around you and be able to gaze up at the stars in appreciation of the vast expanse above us.
2. Another reason to go camping this year is it can be a great form of exercise; a great way to keep those new years resolutions to stay fit and active this year! When you camp in a park there are usually hiking and biking trails close by so you can get your daily exercise in while taking in the sights, sounds, and smells of nature around you. Fresh air does a body good! If there is a campground around you close to a lake, chances are they have kayak or canoe rentals which is another form of good exercise.
3. Spending quality time with your family and friends is one of the most important reasons to go camping this year. We get so caught up in the hustle and bustle of every day life that we often forget to stop and spend quality time with our loved ones. Camping gives you that chance a) because you are confined to smaller spaces with them, forcing quality time and b) because you are taking away the accessibility of technology and distractions. Camping also gives you the opportunity to explore new destinations and new attractions as a family and creating new memories that will last a lifetime. Think “National Lampoons” Vacation…okay maybe not to that extreme.
4. Exploration is probably one of the more fun reasons to go camping. You can use the opportunity to travel to destinations you may not travel to on a regular basis. Ever wanted to see the world’s largest ball of yarn, or travel up the coast for fresh Lobster from Maine, or even tackles a new activity such as bungee jumping. The opportunities are endless when traveling; you just have to take the time to research and plan out your trip to suit your thrill seeking needs.
5. Typically when you travel long distances you usually have to end up paying for a hotel stay at some point. Well if you camp, you don’t have that expense! Camping can save you hundreds on hotel fees. Some national parks do have fees to camp, especially if you have an RV, but the costs are a fraction of what you would pay for a hotel stay. Plus, you don’t have to worry about who slept in the bed the night before you and if the sheets are actually clean…ewww.
All of these reasons, plus many more, are enough to making camping your new year’s resolution this year! You can cross off so many things on your bucket list as well, and get the chance to spend some quality time with your loved ones. You can’t go wrong with camping in 2016.
If you are following our advice and planning to camp often this year, you’ll need an RV for your travels. Stop by CSRA Camperland in Augusta, GA for the best selection of new and used RV’s in Georgia and South Carolina.
Visit our website to view our selection of RV’s and set up an appointment with one of our sales staff so you can get your camping underway this year!