CSRA Camperland Augusta Blog
- 0 0Published on Sep 16, 2014
As summer turns into Fall and the leaves begin to turn, now is the perfect time to go camping in Georgia. With the beautiful scenery, fall activities and several campgrounds around Georgia, take the crew out for a great fall weekend!
Do you need a campground to stay at in Georgia? Well you have come to the right place! Here is a list of the top 3 rated campgrounds in Georgia and what they have to offer.
1. Twin Oaks RV Park and Campground
Twin Oaks RV Park is located by downtown Perry near many area attractions.
After a long day of driving, sightseeing or shopping, Twin Oaks RV Park and Campground provides many activities for you to relax and unwind in peace.
At the camp you will find several amenities including:
- clean saline pool or gazebo-covered hot tub
- free wi-fi with boosters
- 30 and 50 amp sites with water and sewer hook-ups
- level pull through sites
- hosts RV clubs and groups and have a separate building with its own kitchen
- small camp store with basic sundry items, snacks, drinks and candy
- clean restrooms and laundry facilities
The camp got outstanding ratings for service, sites and amenities and is a top place to stay in the state of Georgia!
2. Steven C. Foster State Park
If you want to get a true Georgia swap experience, come check out the unique Steven C. Foster State Park!
This park is a primary entrance to the legendary Okefenokee Swamp -- one of Georgia's seven natural wonders. Campers, paddlers and photographers alike will enjoy breathtaking scenery and tons of different wildlife such as alligators, turtles, raccoons, black bears, deer and more that call this 402,000-acre refuge home. Stargazers will appreciate the particularly dark sky, while astronomy programs with an 18" telescope are sometimes offered.
As far as for camping the campground is well maintained, features wide sites along with many other amenities including:
- 64 Tent, Trailer, RV Campsites ($25-$30) – cable TV hookups, some areas closed seasonally
- BBQ Shelter ($25)
- conference/meeting rooms
- picnic areas
For a truly unique camping experience, take the crew out to Steven C. Foster! Be careful of the winding roads, but if you are careful, you can have the trip of a lifetime!
3. Bald Mountain Camping Resort
Do you want resort style camping with a backdrop that would make any camper jealous? Bald Mountain Camping Resort is located in the heart of Northeast Georgia and provides a wonderful camping experience for everyone.
With the mountains in the background and the lake and creeks in the foreground, the park is not only picturesque but well-maintained and shaded. The campground features full hook-up RV sites with cable TV, wireless internet, picnic tables and fire rings.
Other amenities and recreation available include:
- 30 or 50 amp Electrical Service
- Cool Mountain Spring Water
- Sewer Connection
- Playground with swings, teeter totters, merry-go-round and slides
- Game room with video and pinball machines
- Regulation half-size basketball court
- A regulation outdoor volleyball court
- Shuffle board courts
- A baseball field for a pick-up game of softball or baseball
- Our refreshing pool for an afternoon dip
- 18-hole miniature golf course
- Kayaking or Paddle Boating on our private 3-acre lake ($)
- Fishing in our many creeks or lakes
For the perfect family vacation, look no further than Bald Mountain resort!
If you are looking to get your fall started off right with a Georgia camping trip in a new RV, let CSRA Camperland help!
Give us a call or stop by our dealership today! We hope to see you here.